Objective: Contribute to the growth and profitability of the company by selling pre-manufactured roof and floor truss systems, wall panels, and EWP solutions to customers, increasing sales volume by building customer base, and ensuring high quality customer service.
Basic Function: Responsible for promoting and selling manufactured products to current customer base, and new customer accounts. Manage and coordinate customer account activities and requirements after point of sale with applicable internal departments; this includes order entry, design, and delivery/distribution. Establish, develop, and sell to existing and new customer accounts.
- Promote, sell, and service all CRT products and services to existing and new customers
- Grow profitable sales volume and maximize gross profit earned selling roof and floor trusses, wall panels, and EWP solutions to dealer and builder customers.
- Expand our customer base by prospecting and adding new, profitable, long-term dealer and builder customers.
- Retain existing customers and increase our market penetration with each.
- Sell all products and services to new and existing customers.
- Own and build entire customer relationship with existing and prospective customers.
- Value engineer and estimate truss and wall systems for projects quotes prices with credit terms and sell the package to dealers and builders if/as needed.
- Manage customer expectations in a professional manner including scheduling, special orders, service issues, and post-sale follow-up.
- Work as a team with Inside Sales, Accounting department, Operations, and Management.
- Assists with field measurements when needed.
- Attend meetings at customers’ place of business or meet them on the jobsite as needed. Keeps informed of activity and develops new methods of attaining new accounts.
- Troubleshoot problems regarding products and services provided; answer questions and handle customer complaints as needed.
- Attain guidance from Management on company goals and strategies.
- Continue to develop your knowledge of design software for estimating.
- Develop and monitor individual sales goals.
- Attend sales meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Familiarity with truss design required.
- Familiarity with wall panels, and EWP solutions helpful.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and building calculations.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas and information so they are clearly understood by others in formal and informal situations while maintaining smooth, cooperative working relationships
- Ability to “cold call”, perform sales with new and different people and businesses, display strong initiative and motivation, be persistent, self-motivated, and organized.
- Detail oriented, strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Location Manager
- Inside Sales & Support Staff
- Design Group
- Accounts Receivable
- Regular local Travel by Car (Requires Driver’s License and Vehicle)
- Office Environment
- Overtime as Required
- Regular use of computer (i.e. keyboard, mouse, and video display terminal)
- Base salary plus performance-based commission.
- Company provided phone
- Company provided vehicle
- Company provided Laptop