If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
At BMC, the Kitchen and Bath Specialist is responsible for the sustainable growth of the Kitchen and Bath category through partnership with BMC salespeople and management of personal accounts. The Kitchen and Bath Specialist engages peer associates and end-user clients (Contractor or Homeowner) through face-to-face or remote meetings to establish project qualification, budget implementation, spatial relationships in layout and design creation, and post-purchase follow up steps. The Kitchen and Bath Specialist will work with multiple locations within the market and must be capable of travel within the market to BMC locations and jobsites . Accountable to prepare accurate designs, proofs, 3-D renderings, schematic diagrams, prices, quotes, and placing orders to drive sales in the Kitchen and Bath category. Candidate must thrive in a team based environment to partner with peers and vendors on projects as a leader or in a support role, and act as training conduit for other associates on the team. This position requires enrollment in the NKBA AKBD training program for cabinet designers and certification within 1 year. This position reports to a Manager and has no direct reports.
- Meets with customers and/or salespeople in BMC Showroom locations or on the jobsite.
- Read and interpret blueprints or drawings to develop and complete design layouts using 20-20 Design Software.
- Ensure conformance to all relevant building requirements and municipality building codes, if applicable.
- Interpret design and installation requirements as indicated by procedures, design manuals, and other applicable specifications.
- Select and specify design materials to be used, in conjunction with outside sales direction and/or the client’s needs.
- Generate and provide accurate pricing 20-20 Design Software for estimating purposes.
- Generate layouts for final approval and installation.
- Review design(s) for most efficient and profitable use of inventory, equipment, and manpower as time permits.
- Ensure designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to standards.
- Assist in maintaining Company's computer hardware and software to ensure current pricing and design criteria is up-to-date.
- Develop and recommend implementation of new or adaptation of existing policies, practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Aid in training of new associates when required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the quality improvement process and the philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Identify and respond actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers.
- Open and responsive to change within a team based environment.
- Personally provide customers with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt service at all times.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Company’s safety standards and enforce safety regulations.